Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Full Scholarship






I applied for acceptance at the Dalhousie University masters of law with the expectation that I will be awarded a full scholarship. Funding my way through graduate school in a foreign country at that has never been an option for me. In fact, I was so careful with my spending that I only applied to one university. US$50.00 is a lot to waste on university application fees. So had Dal refused to take me in, then, I wouldn't have enrolled in a masters of law program in 2003.

When Dal wrote its acceptance, I promptly applied for a Canadian government scholarship. I made it up to the Ottawa level, but was rejected at that point. I was devastated. Again, I turned to St. Joseph with a major 911 plea. Then, I received word from the faculty of law that they would nominate me to the most appropriate scholarship. True enough, I was nominated to and was eventually accepted by CIDA. It was amazing, as the scholarship covered everything--from visa application, books, tuition, allowance, airfare, etc. Thanks to St. Joseph for never failing me.

1 comment:

Denden said...

Yeah, there is nothing too small for Saint Joseph not to listen and answer.Everything is important to him if it concerns us, his children. Your account of your scholarship is definitely inspiring. He gives more than what we asked for and in fact anticipated the things that we didn't foresee we would need in the future. :D This blog is really great way of telling everyone that we have a great advocate, foster father,in heaven!!! Let's spread this around and inspire others to a devotion to him! :) Well, for those most of us who have prayed to many saints for a particular favor (because we Filipinos, especially, want to be sure and employ a lot of saints from heaven to help us, this is what i can say: It's ok to still say that you receive the help from Saint Joseph even if you also called on Padre Pio, St. Jude, St. Escriva, Mother Teresa, etc. Personally, the leader of all the saints you have invoked is Saint Joseph because after the Blessed Mother, he is the most privileged being the foster father of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ! :) Sounds pretty logical, right? :D So, share your stories of blessings from the intercession of Saint Joseph! :)